ask logo






Advising Offices

Advising offices at UCR can help you when you:

  • have questions about majors, minors, certificate programs.
  • want to plan a schedule for the next semester or create an academic plan for your major.
  • have questions about the registration process.
  • are preparing to register for the next semester. 
  • have questions about University procedures and resources, such as "How do I drop or add classes?" or  "Where can I get career information?"
  • are having academic difficulties.
  • need someone to talk to about personal issues that impact academic progress.
  • Bourns College of Engineering (BCoE)

    Bourns College of Engineering (BCoE) advisors support engineering students in achieving their educational goals by providing guidance and services which enhance their academic development.

    The BCoE website has information available on processes and policies affecting engineering students such as:

    • Enrollment assistance
    • Online petition
    • Academic standing
    • Double majors
    • S/NC policy
    • Graduation & commencement
    • Maximum units
    • Privacy (FERPA)
    • Readmission
    • Repeat rules
    • Withdrawal

    On-campus location: Skye Hall 310
    Phone: (951) 827-3647

    To make an appointment with a BCoE advisor, e-mail at

  • School of Business

    All students majoring in business administration or business preparation are supported by academic advisors in the Undergraduate Business Programs office. Our advisors work with students from the time they enter the upper-division program until graduation.

    The Programs office manages the following areas for undergraduate business administration and business preparation majors:

    • Major change requests
    • Minors
    • Petitions
    • Articulation review
    • Readmission applications
    • Degree audits

    On-campus location: Olmstead Hall 2340
    Phone: (951) 827-4551

    Schedule an appointment with a Business advisor

  • College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences (CNAS)

    The CNAS Undergraduate Academic Advising Center helps students understand the policies and procedures pertaining to their academic careers.  All CNAS students are assigned an Academic Advisor who provides them with the guidance they need to navigate their degree path as well as the university as a whole.  Advisors can also direct students to the proper on-campus and off-campus resources.  Important reasons why you should visit the CNAS Advising Center include:

    • Declare or change your major
    • Declare a minor
    • Repeat a class for the second time (third time taking)
    • Take a course or courses outside of UCR 
    • Request divisional dean's approval, if necessary
    • Take a leave of absence from the university
    • Withdraw from the university
    • Readmit to the university

    On-campus location: 1223 Pierce Hall
    Phone: (951) 827-7294

    Email - visit your major's advising page for your advisor's contact information

  • College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS)

    College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences advisors are available to assist students with the following:

    • Assistance in making academic and career choices
    • Information about a particular major
    • Provide degree requirements and assistance with course selection
    • Assist in goal setting, and to help develop strategies that will improve academic performance
    • Answer questions about policies and procedures
    • Provide referrals and advice about campus resources.

    On-campus location: 3400 Humanities & Social Sciences Bldg.
    Phone: (951) 827-3683

    Email - visit your major's advising page for your advisor's contact information

  • Graduate School of Education (GSoE)

    Graduate School of Education academic advisors are here to answer questions you may have about university policy and procedures, provide academic advice, and help you achieve your career goals.

    On-campus location: 1207 Sproul Hall
    Phone: (951) 827-4633

    Email - 

  • School of Public Policy (SPP)

    School of Public Policy advising

    On-campus location: 1223 Sproul Hall
    Phone: (951) 827-5663

    Email -

  • Health Professions Advising Center (HPAC)

    The Health Professions Advising Center (HPAC) provides information, advising, and support for students who aspire to graduate/professional programs in the health professions and wish to enhance their academic and extracurricular preparation. Professional staff and peer mentors are available to guide students as they plan their pre-health professions course work, health-related experiences, service work, and research in preparation for applying to programs. 

    HPAC advising office offers:

    • Information about health professions
    • Individual and small group health professions advising
    • Peer mentors
    • Speakers, workshops, conferences, and events
    • Graduate/professional school application assistance

    On-campus location: Rivera Library, B03 (Lower level)
    Phone: (951) 888-1290

    Email -

Student Advising Resources

Degree Audit
Degree Audits allow students to view their degree progress, their degree information, remaining requirements, and Grade Point Average (GPA) information. 

The University of California, Riverside Catalog contains course and degree descriptions, degree requirements, and other vital information regarding academic policies and programs available.