Participation in undergraduate research provides students hands-on experiences that allow the application of classroom knowledge to real-world situations. Opportunities for participation in undergraduate research are open for students in all majors and at all levels of experience.
Students can take advantage of attending a leading research university by participating in faculty-mentored research, scholarship, or creative activity; study abroad; and internship opportunities. By optimizing these opportunities students are able to build a competitive resume that will prepare them for graduate or professional school, national and international awards, and to enter the workforce.
Visit the research website to learn more about the following research opportunities for undergraduates at UCR:
- Research PortalUCR offers research opportunities to undergraduates in all disciplines and academic levels, including freshmen and transfer students.
- Research Mini-grantsUndergraduate Education (UE) offers students the opportunity to apply for funding to support research expenses or travel to present research at national conferences.
- Research JournalThe Undergraduate Research Journal is a student-edited multi-disciplinary journal that features the very best faculty-mentored undergraduate research and scholarship accomplished on campus.
- Research SymposiumThe Undergraduate Research Symposium provides the opportunity for undergraduates in all disciplines to share their research and creatives in a variety of ways including; oral presentations, poster sessions, art exhibitions, performances, and electronic media.
- Chancellor's Research FellowsThe Chancellor's Research Fellowship (CRF) is a competitive award open to students in all disciplines that supports undergraduate engagement in faculty-mentored research and creative activity projects.